Zoho Projects Reviews

4.2/5

Nurul Syakira
Nurul Syakira

• Customer Support Software

Amazing feature for project management

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Zoho Projects has been one of the best cloud based project management software that has been really helpful for us in managing and tracking all the progress of the project.

Pros

ZOHO projects have many great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for project management. The part that allows for customization is elementary to use, but it also meets most of the needs that my company has for project management. I enjoy the functionalities, the facilities, and everything else that this program provides us with to manage a project. Those tools are beneficial and vital at the time to maintain a project and collaborate on it. I like all of the features that this software provides.

Cons

It might be challenging to make changes to Zoho prototypes. Its scalability is slightly limited for specific features due to the constraints. Although it helps establish projects, it does not have a platform for individual dialogue. People prefer not to lean on Zoho tasks to convert their work over to Spreadsheets to interact with other people since they find it cumbersome.

Kelly M
Kelly M

• Customer Support Software

This easy-to-use app keeps track of chores and projects quickly

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

I really like the functions, the tools, and everything else that this software provides us with in order to manage a project. Those tools are really useful and important at the moment in order to manage a project and collaboration, and this software, it's absolutely useful if you want to manage like a professional.

Pros

Zoho projects have a number of great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for the project management. In addition to being incredibly simple to operate, the customization function meets the vast majority of the needs that my firm has in regard to project management.

Cons

Zoho Projects is, without a doubt, one of the least user-friendly and most aggravating pieces of software I have ever worked with. It has some of the worst user experience and interface (UI) that I have ever seen, and it is missing some of the most fundamental capabilities that a project management software ought to have. It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning to the end.

Courtney
  • Industry: Design

• Customer Support Software

Least intuitive software I've ever worked with

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

Pros

It has about 1000 features, which is cool. Unfortunately, 999 of them are obscure, unnecessary, confusing, and remain unused. So it lacks proficiency in the most basic and most necessary of features.

Cons

Zoho Projects is truly one of the least intuitive, most frustrating softwares I have ever used. It's been nothing but a headache from start to finish with some of the worst UX/UI I've ever seen and it lacks some of the most basic tools a project management software should have. I'm so relieved to be moving on.

monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

We wanted more advanced options and better integrations with all aspects of business (finance, CRM, time tracking). In the end, with Zoho, we got none of these.

Asana

Response from Zoho

Hello, Courtney.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this comment. We at Projects take customer feedback seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Is there anything in particular about the UI/UX you think we could improve? We'd like to work with you to figure out what you believe is wrong with the UI/UX and how we can make it better. We'd be more than happy to set up a conversation with you to go over this in greater detail. Please email us at [email protected] to start the conversation.

GREGOR
  • Industry: Wholesale

Review projects

Reviewed on 20/01/2024

Pros

simplicity of use and web access
inexpensive tool

Cons

customer support and responsive time from zoho

NIDHI
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Good software for PM

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Would like to use more to understand more

Would like to use more to understand more

Pros

Easy to use and understand for beginner level

Cons

Many things disappeared after trial got over

Kamal
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

My Experience with Zoho Projects

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Pros

1. User Friendliness
2. Almost everything covered like one stop solution for project management, resource management, project planning etc.

Cons

Nothing for now. May be in a long run I'll update on this.

Arun
  • Industry: Information Services

• Customer Support Software

Good tool to manage projects

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Good and very useful for interernal as well external projects handling

Good and very useful for interernal as well external projects handling

Pros

Very Good. Very simple and fast. overall good

Cons

No everthing is good. only customer support not connecting many times.

Adriana
  • Industry: Utilities

Great and easy to use

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Pros

easy to add tasks and good options for the users to add comments, attachments, etc.

Cons

We are a very small company of four persons and it's expensive to start.

preejith
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

zoho project

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Pros

all details in one umbralla .very esay to migrate all

Cons

task assingnement and project details get very easy

Sumit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A blend of quality and quantity

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Pros

You get a very good blend of features and their applicability.

Cons

Nothing so far during our explore phase.

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Zoho Projects enables proper Project Management

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Project managers, engineers, and consultants can all manage and administer projects from any location with the help of Zoho Projects. A browser-based, cross-platform, and rather user-friendly SaaS solution. It has all the capabilities one would expect from a program of this type.

Pros

We required a Project Management capability that integrated seamlessly with our CRM and Service Desk Line of Business systems and promoted information sharing across the board. To prepare for management meetings, one may manually create an Excel project schedule that includes task tracking and a Gantt chart.

Cons

Not all browsers are supported, and not all of the functions of Task Management are present. Several additional vexing features of the current implementation of the Project Template should also be improved upon.

Alin

Zoho Projects Review

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

Zoho Projects as a whole is an efficient Project Management Software for Development companies and software companies. The UI/UX part of the software is good with customizable screen themes. Auto- mail for completed tasks, reminder for uncompleted task and time log of weekly activity is readily available, which makes Zoho Projects an overall Good- to-go project and task management tool.

Pros

1.Zoho Projects handles efficient Project Management.2.Resource Allocation to particular project and time tracking is good.3. Project Timelines and Dependencies with Critical Path can be measured.4. Each Project can have a task list, task and subtasks.5. Client can be assigned a user to view the status of projects.

Cons

1. Since, its a SaaS model application, sometimes slowness in loading is observed.2. Pricing can be much more cost efficient.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects has much more capabilities and pricing is also cost effective for companies.
Michael
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Zoho Projects - A Good Solution for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Overall, I have been very satisfied using Zoho Projects. Since I am using the free version, it is very economical. When my business grows, I will without a doubt upgrade so that I can add more users and projects.

Pros

The free version is very full-featured and easy to use. I use Zoho Projects every day with another co-worker across two projects and it words great. We mostly use it for task management.

Cons

I wish that there was a better connection between ZOHO Begin and ZOHO Projects.

Microsoft Project and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

I was looking for a project management solution that had features that were missing from Basecamp but was not more expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

I was already using other Zoho products so I liked the idea of choosing a project management solution that was in the same family of products that I was already using.
Jayme
Jayme

Comprehensive Project Management Software

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

In general, my experience with zoho has been positive. I'm happy to use it and my team likes all the different solutions zoho has for our business.

Pros

Zoho is one of the industry leaders for project management software. It is has many APIs able and offers a lot of flexibility. The program is fairly easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

There are some features missing that I would like to see and it can sometimes be more time consuming to enter tasks than I would like it to be.

Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Cost and functionality. Zoho cost more than Monday but has more connected products and less than basecamp for what we needed. We also had a team member who had set up zoho project management for a precious company in the past and she knew the program.
Daniel
Daniel

All in one Project Management solution

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Pros

The capability to customize the project management settings is one of my favorite features in ZOHO projects. The customization feature is very easy to use as well, it caters to most of the project management requirements of my organization

Cons

Nothing major, it would be great to see more standard templates for Agile project management practice as well. Best practices followed by peer organizations would be a great help for new users to adapt and make best use of ZOHO projects

JIRA Service Management, Rally, and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Ease of use and cost effectiveness is the two factor which made us take the decision
Harit

The most impressive project management tool ever

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Great and highly recommended project management tool.

Great and highly recommended project management tool.

Pros

So many pros for Zoho projects like the parent-child task feature, time tracker for every task, create issues, tracker for issues, timesheet management, and many more.

Cons

It takes a while for the tool to load sometimes, but other than that, it's great.

Norzihan
Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

Help me with task management

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

I have use it to planning a workflows in recruiting new employees and sorting a candidate. It help me and my team to parting the job in separating and filtering the candidate and their qualification. It has help us a lot by assigning every team member role and task.

Pros

Efficiency in managing, execute and collaborating a project is increasing in our team after using Zoho Projects feature and tools while working for our project. We can add client to the client platform to get them involve with the project that we are collaborating together, and we can limit and filter information that we are sharing with them.

Cons

The software is slow in loading the resources and i had to wait for it to fully loading all the resource to start working with it. I need to installing the software, and can't using it from my mobile device to using it. The dashboard design is outdated with no hint of they will updating it near future.

Ashish
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Zoho Projects has empowered our team

Reviewed on 10/11/2023

Pros

Zoho Projects has been an absolute game-changer for our team. We've tried numerous project management tools, but Zoho Projects stands out as an all-in-one solution that has significantly streamlined our workflow. The user-friendly interface, coupled with its robust features, has made project planning and execution remarkably efficient.

One of the standout features is the comprehensive task management system. It allows us to break down projects into smaller tasks, assign them to team members, set deadlines, and track progress effortlessly. The ability to visualize these tasks on Gantt charts or Kanban boards provides a clear overview of project timelines and individual responsibilities.

Collaboration has never been easier thanks to the discussion forums, where team members can communicate, share ideas, and provide updates, keeping everyone on the same page. The document management system is another gem, enabling seamless file sharing and version control, ensuring that the most current files are always accessible.

The reporting and analytics tools within Zoho Projects are fantastic for tracking project progress and team performance. The customizable reports and dashboards offer valuable insights that aid decision-making and facilitate better resource allocation.

Moreover, the mobile app is a lifesaver for our team on the go. It allows us to stay connected, manage tasks, and track progress no matter where we are.

What's truly impressive about Zoho Projects is the continuous updates and improvements. The Zoho team seems genuinely committed to enhancing the user experience, frequently adding new features and refining existing ones.

The customer support has been exceptional as well. Whenever we've had questions or needed assistance, their team has been quick to respond and extremely helpful.

Cons

The platform might have a slight learning curve for new users, especially when exploring its more advanced or intricate features. This could require time for team members to become fully comfortable and proficient with the tool.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Entertainment

Zoho Projects review by Jen

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

Once we settle on an idea we visit a location and live stream, or purchase a location and set up tours. Extensive planning is necessary for either scenario. Zoho Projects is a huge help at a small cost. It worked for our small but growing business.

Pros

The product is user-friendly and budget-friendly. It's also Integration-friendly. No training necessary.It has project and task management, time tracking and budget tracking. Cross task tracking and multiple people per task. Resource management.

Cons

The storage limit on the free account is 10 MB. Yes, 10 MB... Two projects and three team members at a time. The product doesn't have many extra features with any tier. No templates. No billing and invoicing. You can integrate with a billing and invoicing product but it's not as easy.Customer service department needs re-done completely.

Microsoft Project

Microsoft Planner

A Useful Task Management Tool

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

The decision to move from a fully custom-built system to the Zoho ecosystem was based on the ability to have full control over customization and also the ability to integrate with other apps. While there is some built-in integration with other Zoho apps, some technical configuration is required to get them all to work well together.

Pros

Zoho Projects is a fully cloud-based project management solution that is ready to go right out of the box. The ability to create templates for re-use is very helpful in an environment that repeats the same processes for various clients throughout a product life cycle. What is also good is the ability to modify an existing template without affecting project that previously used that template. This makes it easy to revise processes without disrupting already in progress projects.

Cons

Unfortunately the number of project templates that you can create within Zoho Projects is limited unless you purchase more. So if your company uses more than 20 templates at a time be prepared to pay more money upfront. Zoho Projects has a lot of built-in features which require time and tutorials or training to fully understand. This can be a disadvantage for companies who need to get up and running very quickly but is worth the effort for time saving in the future.

Casey

Good experience

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

Zoho Projects has everything we need at a fair price and I would recommend trying it.

Pros

Zoho Projects provided a good user experience at a fair price. I set up Zoho Projects on my own, it wasn't difficult and didn't take very long at all. We started with the free trial to make sure it was right for us. I could use most of the app from day one and after a few days all of the features were familiar. Everything is simple and intuitive. I liked the ease of starting a project and inviting teammates. I can also give guest access. Project statuses and budgets are easily viewed from the customizable dashboard.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike about Zoho Projects, as of yet at least.

Bailey
Bailey

Solid agency project management tool

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Overall, it got the job done, but as an agency it became a little too cumbersome to have great buy in, which is inevitably why we switched to ClickUp.

Pros

Zoho was a great tool for keeping projects and tasks organized for our agency. It allowed us to create groups for clients and projects and tasks within them, with associated due dates so everyone knew what was due and when. It had easy time tracking as well, which is important for our agency.

Cons

It was not as user-friendly as other tools we've used. Many simple functions take too many clicks to reach, such as getting to a specific task. Also l, it didn't have a good way to estimate or allocate resources for team capacity planning. It was too cumbersome and would require too much data entry.

Alex
Alex
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

• Customer Support Software

Excellent for technical entrepreneurs, product developers

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

For entrepreneurs, it's a good choice considering low cost, flexibility, CRM integration, and client access options.

Pros

Zoho Projects integrates well with Zoho CRM, so it's a great choice if your salesflow involves Lead -> Sales -> Client PM. You can simply create a new Zoho Project from your Zoho CRM account view, including templates for tasks, and discussion topics.

Cons

It's not as polished as some leading software but has made major improvements in recent years.

Nicolas
Nicolas
  • Industry: Financial Services Software

Flexible project management tool

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Pros

It has a simple and easy to use user interface. It allows you to create personalized designs that adapt to the particularities of each project. It facilitates the identification of problems and allows them to be listed for their orderly attention. Communication with team members is very effective with personal or group chat room.

Cons

The configuration to integrate it with some Zoho tools turned out to be a bit cumbersome. It is also bit slow to load the resources.

Juno
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

A very efficient product

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

It has been an incredibly helpful tool for managing projects, tracking progress, and communicating with team members. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Zoho Projects is an excellent project management software for small and medium businesses. It has features like task management, time tracking, resource management, collaboration tools, and project analytics. It also has an intuitive UI and a mobile app. It offers basic project management features at an affordable price and is highly customizable. It is easy to set up and use and can be used to manage any size or type of project. The software also allows users to track project progress, assign tasks, collaborate with team members, and measure performance.

Cons

The customer service response times can be slow.