Jira

4.4 (14,220)
Write a Review!
Project & Issue Tracking Software - See why we're #1!

(14,220)
4.2/5

🌻 Jenny
🌻 Jenny
  • Industry: Human Resources Software

Jira is essential for all product teams

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

It's been a good experience overall. Easy to use and not many confusions in general.

Pros

- Essential for sprint planning and organising tickets
- Easy to assign epics to tickets so that we know how long it takes for us to work on each epic through the timeline
- Easy to move tickets around different sprints and statuses
- In general essential for teams to work in an agile environment

Cons

- Sometimes hard to locate previous tickets when they have been completed
- Tickets have been piling up in backlog from before I joined company and after. Wish there were ways to easily filter based on content (perhaps with AI) or based on date the tickets were created so that I can delete some.
- Wish I could move sprint ordering around by dragging

Max

The Agile Project Management

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

Pros

I customized it to perfectly fit my project's needs, which improved our team's workflow. For example, I created custom workflows to track each stage of our software development easily.

Cons

When our team managed a project with hundreds of tasks, Jira sometimes became slow and unresponsive.

Piotr
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Good idea but not so user friendly

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Ok as a user and action taker - not sure how this works when you are managing the project

Pros

All tasks for all actions takers are clearly presented. You know who is responsible for action and who you need to report to.

Cons

Navigating between your tasks/action is difficult. Jira opens popups when you don't want it instead of opening task in new window. You will end up with each action opened on new tab to have everything in organised way

Rahul
  • Industry: Insurance Software

Jira: Bext project management tool for SAFe

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Pros

some of the best features are:
1. Task creation and their category (analysis task, execution tasks , bug etc)
2. Tracking of each tasks using kanban board
3. Effort Estimation of tasks
4. The report like burn down chart.

Cons

1. Sub tasks (e.g Defect sub tasks) should also have points to track the time taken by each sub tasks.
2. Macro creation to get some graph created for managers should be easy to configure.
3. May be a common forum where we can go and ask our query.

Zarmin

Fantastic

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

I have no complains at all as I has a fantastic experience

I have no complains at all as I has a fantastic experience

Pros

That I was able to communicate w/HHAEX regarding tasks that I had to request or follow up

Cons

It was a great communication source when I needed to communicate

Kobey
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

• Customer Support Software

Jira is a no-brainer for scheduling tasks, calendar management and so much more.

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Jira has been a great tool that makes it easy to streamline processes and get things done.

Pros

I liked the ease-of-use of Jira. While Jira can be complex, it is the type of application that offers great complexity, while still appealing to those that have never used this type of program before.

Cons

Not much. I would be grasping at straws if I wrote anything here.

Ritesh
Ritesh

Decent Task and project tacking tool

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Pros

Jira is one of the most used tool by my current working company. We usually create tickets, log time on the tickets and change status of the tickets. Both the company and the workers are happy with this tool. By far this is the easiest tracking tool that i have ever used in my career. The UI and UX is well designed.

Cons

This does not has much cons but they could improve their UI on the dark mode becuase dark mode feels a bit off. Also, i often forget to stop the log of time but i could later edit it. i hope they come up with an idea to fix this issues.

Priyanka
Priyanka

Jira pros and cons

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

It is good. I used other projecf management tools like spira and others but jira was best among those..the ui is simple

Pros

In jira we can create bugs, issues, stories.. set time limit for it..we can prioritize task. Add time worked on it. Using comments section easy to collaborate between team. Dashboards give high level understanding where the project is..how many bugs assigned to which developer.. various state are present like new, resolved, testing, fixing etc which shows in which state the issue is present.

Cons

I think jira is a bit expensive..so many projects cant afford it. Some level of learning required for new users

Purna
Purna

Efficient Task Management with Jira

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Pros

It is highly customizable, and efficiently tracks and manages tasks, issues, and bugs across multiple projects. You can use it for both small and large-scale projects.

Cons

It takes a while for you to get used to all of its features. It is a bit complex for first-time users.

Catherine
Catherine

Positive Review in Jira

Reviewed on 31/05/2024

Highly recommended. It's very useful to my daily task and I'm using it to track and monitoring issues and resolve immediately. By using your outlook, you can link your account to Jira.

Pros

What I like the most is user -friendly and this software is very helpful for your monitoring or any task.

Cons

You should have a an account to use this provided by your IT and employer

• Industry: Financial Services Software

Perfect Combination of Customizable, Detail-Oriented, and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Pros

I love JIRA. I use it professionally and personally. Even though it is primarily a task manager for software development, I have found that it is flexible enough to be used for all sorts of projects. It is amazing how customizable it is; you can configure your project settings to your already existing workflow, whatever it may be. While the initial setup can be time consuming, once you have your settings configured, using the tool is a breeze. It takes seconds to create tasks, start springs, evaluate progress, etc. I find that this makes JIRA standout from other task managers. In most cases, if the software allows for detail-oriented task management the process of inputting and tracking the tasks themselves is cumbersome. Entering and tracking tasks should not have to be another time-consuming task! The JIRA web application is also excellent, making it easy to enter or track tasks on-the-go.

Cons

I think there is a lot of potential with Jira's NextGen projects, however, the software rollout has been uneven and often not well documented. I wish this process would have been better thought out to make transitioning to NextGen projects smoother.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

• Customer Support Software

JIRA is the best project planning and organising tool

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

My overall experience is excellent, it is the best project management software ever. I have used a few others in the past, but there is none that can compete with JIRA. with a integration of slack, confluence, it is very hard to refuse.

Pros

1. It is very flexible and fitted really well with agile development work. whether you are using kanban or standard sprint planning work flow, it supports all of those.
2. It is extremely useful to do project planning and creating stories, they will be saved in backlogs and you can access them with weight, estimate and priority.
3. It is quick to create a bug ticket to track bugs.
4. It is very easy to plan for a new sprint, by adding task, stories from the backlogs, it helps with the total points you want to target for a particular sprint, it automatically sum up the story points and make sure you don't over plan.
5. great report tool to help you analyse the project completion and nice burn down chart as well. To help the team retrospectively go back and review.

Cons

1. It is a big over complex by providing such flexible functionalities. But it is worth the time and learning curve.
2. As a developer, I don't have to pay the bill. But it is not very cheap if you have a large development team, the bills add up quickly.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Jira

it is a online saas. It has more functionalities and very flexible. It is suited for many different development processes. It speeds up project planning, sprint planning. bug tracking, deployment process, and so many more.

Reasons for Switching to Jira

very simple task track tool, it probably helps a small agency project that would be completed in a couple months time. With large and complex projects, or bigger development teams, JIRA is the best option out there on the market right now.

Makes most sense for software projects and products.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

JIRA is our source of truth for what is inside, coming out and ready to go next in, in our engineering pipeline is. There isn't a better tool out there even for miles and once you are cosy with JIRA, you can't really make do with another tool.

Pros

1) Releases/Versions:
Releases allow us to work in parallel on multiple efforts with the same team.
2) Parallel Sprints:
Same as releases, we are a lean team and we have to work on Product features and polish/bug fixes simultaneously.
3) Custom Filters: I like these the most!

Cons

They have taken out small pieces of functionality and made them separate products. These products are now paid and for those small pieces of functionality, you have to make extra purchases. e.g. Pages

GitHub, Trello, and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira

JIRA is complete suite for base requirements for development. If you are using Bitbucket for holding your repos then it makes the most sense as well. Atlassian has done a great job with a niche market of software in mind and even though it may seem like an overkill to use it for projects outside the engineering, it is still the best choice for engineering.

It works, but...

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Overall, JIRA can work. It seems to require knowing what you're doing - including understanding Agile theory, your team's preferences, and how deeply you want to use the myriad features. This is not necessarily a bad thing, of course. If you don't know how Agile works, maybe take a class and figure it out. That said, most of the people I've worked with don't have the 20+ years of process study that I have undertaken, so JIRA is configured very lightly or customized to a point where it becomes a hindrance. The UI could really stand some updates for consistency and - yes - some hand-holding for configuration.

Pros

JIRA certainly has a lot of features that should make Project Management easy. The mobile app is adequate, and the web site works well enough. There are a whole lot of places to enter data, which ends up being a bit of a downfall. When JIRA is set up well, it does support PM. When it is used as a vanilla Agile product, I think it falls behind other offerings.

Cons

JIRA has so many configuration points that it takes forever to get it working properly for your team. They have also been changing the UI a lot recently, which has obscured where some data is, which - predictably - has slowed down our use. If JIRA could get a more consistent UI, I feel it could be a much better product.

Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Choosing Jira

I would not willingly move from Rally to JIRA. I believe cost was the determining factor. Were I to have made a choice, I would go either with Rally or Azure DevOps. They both seem more forgiving of poor process implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Again, I believe this was largely cost. I would rather use one of the other products.
Chirag
  • Industry: Insurance Software

• Customer Support Software

Versatile tool for help desk and task management

Reviewed on 13/02/2021

We use Jira for IT help desk support, miscellaneous administrative and clerical support, staying focused on engineering and resource planning. We've gained several benefits. We can transparently tell all the efforts we are working on, which effort is taking more time, what are the blockers, who's putting how much effort into what work and whether there is value in the work we are doing. Jira has allowed us to stay focused and cut down on non-essential or wasteful work while giving the company a clear idea of what we are working on.

Pros

I love Jira's ease of use. Jira allows our staff and business partners to request from us using Jira Service Desk. Engineers track their effort using Jira Software. We use the default settings for the most part and that works great for us. There is no need to train anyone on how to use it because everything is self-explanatory. That cuts down on confusion and allows us to get/enter accurate information.

Cons

It is slow. It is very slow at times. Jira's makers - Atlassian - have not paid much attention over the years about its slowness. If you are into full-fledged project management, portfolio planning and more, you will have to buy add-ons to get additional functionality within Jira. Did I say that Jira is slow? While the ease of use saves time in accurately recording information in Jira, all that saved time is wasted away waiting for pages to load.

Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Basecamp, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Jira

SharePoint was previously used for task management. SharePoint is good for content management but was clunky for task management. It's reporting was not easy. We were wasting more time in task management in SharePoint rather than doing tasks.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Jira was the only product that we felt was reasonable for customers to use to report issues (in the form of Service Desk) and also had an integrated tool to manage tasks (in the form of Jira Software). It could do Kanban and Agile. No training seemed to be required for users. Compared to that, Trello was a close second but it didn't have reporting and fine-grained permissions we were looking for. Asana had speed issues when we were comparing with Jira. Did you see I mentioned that Jira was slow. Think of how slow Asana was then! Basecamp appeared to be too project management-like instead of task management. We noticed fewer and fewer people used FogBugz. The craze of FogBugz had died out and we couldn't tell how long the product would be maintained/available. Pivotal Tracker looked good but Jira was so far ahead of other tools that we just made a switch to Jira.
PRAVEEN

Jira : Collaboration of multiple people on same platform

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

Jira is an extremely useful product to work with a very large team and many project at the same time. Jira supports Agile and Kanban both the types of project management strategies.

Pros

It's a very powerful tool. It provides many advanced features to collaborate with people. We can easily tracks things on Jira through our mobile devises and other gadgets. It helps us to plan the projects with tasks and sub-tasks.

Cons

It is an expensive software compared to other open source software. I have worked with many software Jira is one of the most expensive product that we have used in our projects.

Salesforce Sales Cloud, Asana, and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Jira

Salesforce was not suitable for our requirement and the type of business that we are doing. So, we have shifted to Jira and it's a very important decision for us to collaborate our exciting team.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Jira is developer friendly, easy to work with, easy to collaborate with multiple people on the same task, have features to same attachments and issue tracking with notifications is very helpful to complete tasks on time.
Gayan
Gayan

• Customer Support Software

The only project management tool you need

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

JIRA has been an integral part of our software development and project management journey and has just about all the tools you need to successfully manage your project or product offerings.

Pros

JIRA has just about every project management aspect covered in their offering and it's easy to set up and configure to suit your needs.
Reporting, ticket tracking, requirement and comment tracking, workflow customization, task assignment and follow-up + more make the life of a project manager a breeze which would otherwise have to be done using a multitude of tools.

Cons

The permissions structure/permission matrix at the administrative level could be a bit more user-friendly as troubleshooting an incorrectly configured (permission) JIRA instance can be a hassle.
Sometimes when new versions are introduced, some of the older features are dumbed down to make it easier for the user but for power users, this could cause confusion if they were wired to do some tasks using the old methods.

Airtable, Trello, and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Jira

JIRA was more feature-rich, had all the project management tools needed under one offering and had integrations with a wide set of 3rd party platforms and programs

MantisBT

Reasons for Switching to Jira

More customizable while being user-friendly at the same time.
Deepanshu

• Customer Support Software

Jira offers a comprehensive range of project management services.

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

From last 3 years, I am using Atlassian products especially Jira. With ease, I am managing my agile and software development products in Jira. This tool offers a vast variety of services/functionalities which really helped me a lot to manage my project and activities on a daily basis. Scrum/kanban board, automation, service desk/issue collectors & integration with other applications like servicenow, slack etc helps me to keep track of all the info at one place. The integration of Jira with other applications like Servicenow, slack, github etc helps me to keep track of all the info at one place. With Github integration, I can manage my repos and pull requests info on Jira issues. Jira slack integration helps to get the notifications each time an issue gets created in my Jira project. Jira Servicenow integration is great functionality for Incident management tracking in Jira.

Pros

The best thing about this tool is that it offers you so much functionalities that makes your day to day work easier to manage and you can easily keep track all the project info at one place. Integration with other applications is one of the great functionality what this tool offers.

Cons

There are limited automations functionalities this software has to offer. While the project is software type, it does not offer you the automations functionalities. Other than that, this tool is a one stop solution for all your project needs.

Zoho Sprints

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Jira is my preferred option over Zoho because of their superior user interface and user experience.
Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Jira, a complete platform that increases productivity and successful execution of projects.

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

With JIRA, we can easily assign the priority to each task, to have an objective way that allows us to determine in which tasks we should allocate the greatest effort of our workers and which ones can be rescheduled.Another important aspect is precisely the recording of the progress of the activities, since in JIRA we can do it simply by belonging to the team members who have this role, and in this way, not only the project manager is responsible for doing it , but now it is treated as a collaborative and incremental work, lightening the workloads, execution, and the rest of the activities.

Pros

JIRA is a project management platform that definitely increases visibility and promotes collaboration, with multidisciplinary and even multicultural work teams. Jira organizes the planning and execution of almost any type of project extremely quickly, from large or large, where multiple tasks are supervised, and with a high degree of complexity, to flexible implementations that require simple and collaborative work.In this way, with JIRA we manage the entire execution cycle and even subsequent phases associated with evolutionary maintenance, roadmap, and support.

Cons

Jira is really intuitive, and its functionalities allow the successful execution of large or small projects, however, for the result to be impeccable, we must prepare all the team members and train them properly, and in this way we can expect a process without complications, on the other hand, the licensing may not be as flexible as other usable tools currently on the market but it remains in the average range.

David
David

Complete Project management Solution

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

It's a great all in one agile tool. It's easy to use and very powerful. Jira has a lot of integratio...

It's a great all in one agile tool. It's easy to use and very powerful. Jira has a lot of integrations.

Pros

I've been using Jira for over 12 years. The software has grown and improved over time. Jira remains a leading product in class.

Cons

The billing is a pain. Bitbucket is separated out and it's hard to manage the different accounts. The billing panel needs to be easier to use.

ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Jira

Azure Dev ops was quite expensive and the user management is painful

Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Jira is purpose built for Agile. Click up is one of those do everything tools.
Mikael
Mikael
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

• Customer Support Software

The best tool for a product manager

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

My experience has been great with JIRA and I have setup the product in my last two organizations. In my current role, the entire company has moved all their projects to JIRA. Despite some pesky UI bugs here and there, JIRA does everything that I need and has become a critical piece of my day-to-day work. It's never easy to build a product for product people, but JIRA has found a way to do most of what I need. I only wish the business would invest a bit more effort into their support team, but since many companies are already using JIRA, the internet has become a great substitute.

Pros

JIRA gives me so much functionality out of the box. Within five minutes, I can create a board and invite my whole team to start working with me. It doesn't take long to customize your presentation of work to make it specific to your business. It has become the standard for the industry and with good reason; JIRA gives me everything that I need to track performance and ensure a timely release.

Cons

There are occasionally some annoying bugs that will present themselves, but it's never something that really prevents me from using the product effectively; usually it's an annoying UI bug that looks messy or ugly. For the most part, many of the people that complain about the product just don't know how to use it 'as is out of the box'. The more configurations you try to make, the more problems you can create for yourself. Aside from this, their customer service is quite lackluster and it often takes days if not weeks to hear back from support - usually the bugs are fixed before you even get a response.

Vlad

Industry standard for Software Development teams

Reviewed on 03/10/2020

I started project management with this in my toolkit and it has remained my favorite ever since. I have seen other options such as Kanbo or Monday, I believe Jira and its related ecosystem remains far superior. Its pricing scheme is pretty good as well, you can try it for free, adopt it in small teams almost free (10$/m) and can scale it up transparently. It gets pricier when it comes to enterprise grade, yet that is the norm and i believe it is money well spent.

Pros

The software is made around the idea of AGILE collaboration on projects for the entire team. It brings transparency to the processes and is a great information radiator for the entire team. It facilitates commonly used methodologies such as SCRUM and KANBAN and makes project management significantly easier.
It is also very versatile and adaptable to particular needs. Although the standard fields are great, you can also create your own to fine tune your processes. Workflows are also highly customizable, giving the user-base great flexibility on how work is set up.
Based on this, teams which work in areas not related to software development can also reap the benefits. I've seen implementations in recruitment, data analysis and more.
Another great feature is its integration compatibility with other ecosystems such as Microsoft's which makes it easy to pick up.
In terms of services, Atlassian offers multiple ways teams can use Jira: Cloud or Self-managed (Server or Data Center) making it an adaptable offering that can withstand the highest level of corporate security scrutiny.
Another great feature is the marketplace which contains a great number of apps that provide added capabilities to the app.
Last but not least, Atlassian has developed an entire ecosystem geared towards solving projects (especially software ones)like: Confluence (Info silo), Bitbucket (code management), Service Desk and more.

Cons

The plethora of fields and customizations available can make a new user feel a bit overwhelmed. In this regard, it takes a bit to get used to it. The interface could use a revamp to make things cleaner, clearer and more crisp for the more casual user at least. (ex: easier to find timekeeping, task transitions, new task coloring schemes and more)
The workflow engine can also be upgraded to be more user friendly and provide more administrative options (create, apply, delete, manage versions)
The security administration section also needs a revamp in terms of adding or removing users, groups, roles into or from project (ex: if you create a new group, you can't bulk add it to all existing projects without some scripting in the CLI)

monday.com
Marvin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Top Tier Organizer

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

I was looking for something that can give me ticket management, reports, workflow, collaboration.

I...

It is top tier product for executing coordination and arranging innovation.

Pros

JIRA permits groups to envision and comprehend assumptions for when to convey an undertaking, have knowledge into project/group/individual limit, and track stay at work past 40 hours.

In a remote-first world, JIRA permits you to keep up with tight correspondence and adjusted degrees even as groups work across time regions.

JIRA is extraordinary for having the option to sort out the extent of significant elements or item dispatches in a manner that can be imagined across groups.

Cons

There is an expectation to absorb information to working in JIRA, it isn't quickly instinctive to another client. It normally requires a great deal of learning to most actually and ideally use JIRA. A great deal of it accompanies time and experience.

There are a ton of extravagant accessories in JIRA. It's truly incredible that you can mark or coordinate tickets in a wide range of ways. It is truly dependent upon the association to make a technique for getting sorted out inside those extravagant accessories. This implies each time you go to another association, there is a great deal of cross-over, however, you are gaining some significant knowledge of new techniques and best practices too.

Teamwork.com, ClickUp, and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Jira

Ease of use, and overall better product

• Customer Support Software

Easy project management for everyday use!

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

My overall experience with Jira has been really good. Having used it for the first time for a particular project, I found it relatively easy to learn. The flexible creation of dashboards and filters has helped me keep my project tasks and tickets in a coordinated and neat manner, which has ensured I do not miss out on anything important unnecessarily.

Pros

Jira is a great tool. I use it every day as a part of a support project. I use it to keep track of my tickets like incidents, alerts, and service requests. The tool is super easy to use and one can learn it easily. The ticket management is absolutely great. Jira allows the user to create various filters and dashboards to keep a track of his/her various tickets, tasks, and requests. Multiple dashboards can be created as per project needs and can be shared easily with the team members to improve collaboration and communication within the team. Jira allows has tools to create data analytics which can help the user understand the day-to-day work in depth easily. One does not have to manually work on the data, and can simply use the analysis tools provided by Jira. Keeping a track of others' tickets is also very simple, and all one needs to do is add oneself as a watcher in whichever he/she wishes to. Another great feature of this software is closing multiple incidents/alerts/tickets in bulk. Having used this functionality on a daily basis, I know how much time and energy is saved which can be better utilized. There is also a mobile application available which can be used when a laptop/desktop is not available to the user.

Cons

The only drawback I have experienced while using Jira is that it does not provide an option to have sound notifications. For example, while working with tickets, Jira does not notify the user of a new ticket with a sound. So when away from the device, the user might miss out on an important ticket unless it has collaborated with another tool like pagerduty.

Even the mobile application does not have the option to enable sound notifications, and each time the user needs to open the application to see if any new tickets have been added to the queue.

Miguel
  • Industry: Graphic Design Software

Managin Technical Projects The Right Way

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

JIRA has lots of features and functionalities than can take time to master. From most project management applications' perspective, JIRA is one of the most complex to master. But it truly is the most complete in terms of offering development teams all the tools they need. This means that trying to run a fairly large and complex enterprise environment on JIRA might need the addition of a JIRA administrator to keep things organized.

Pros

JIRA offers true Agile support for managing technical projects. Initially developed by developers for developers, JIRA is a powerful tool that captures more than just the project management aspect of any development project.

JIRA offers a complete suite of issue tracking throughout the development life cycle. Starting with the backlog and planning, JIRA lets you layout your entire project across as many iterations (Sprints) as necessary. It provides ease of tracking the project progress and offers a host of tools for collaboration such as commenting threads. Projects and their projects can also be tracked across releases, with its release management capabilities, and provide comprehensive reports on performance and progress.

JIRA is extremely flexible and offers pre-set templates across all functionalities, and allows you to modify them as neededto fit your team and organization's needs. Unlike some products with rigidity built into them, JIRA allows you to define how your team works.

JIRA has a vast number of integrations and add-ons to further enhance its capabilities.

Cons

JIRA is very powerful and very detailed. So much so, that some users often find it quite cumbersome if their development environments are not complex. Essentially, JIRA fits beautifully in any environment, but is extremely robust for enterprise environments, making it perceptively complex in small simple projects.