Lauren M.

Needs More Customer Focus For Future Improvement

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Overall it has great features but lacking one major feature for us which would cut down our admin time for invoicing and that is batch invoicing. Customer service unable to help with timelines for this upgrade or indication if it will be implemented?

Pros

Stability in remote areas where signal is poor, Servicem8 holds up and we've tried them all

Cons

Invoicing more than one job for one client during the month, no ability to combine jobs into one invoice? Feature requested in 2012 for batch/bulk invoicing and still nothing....

Danielle A.

Lots to like..but when you find issues, you will be ignored by ServiceM8

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Overall, the software is pretty good; it covers a lot of ground and addresses a few of the pain points. There are glitches and no software is perfect but that's not really our issue. Our problem is the lack of customer service you receive when there are issues.

Last year, over the space of 6 weeks we had 92 duplicate jobs appear in our calendar. Confused the team and was a tedious pain to find & remove them all. I reported and also asked if we could have these jobs removed from our billing as we're on a legacy pay per job plan.

Their first response had a suggested solution - it didn't work, it instead created more duplicates and I was told that one of our staff must have created the duplicates....considering the staff they accused was on site with my husband working at the time, with her phone in the car, I know it wasn't her. We were told it had been passed on to the development team and they'd let us know. That was in November 2020.

Since then the only contact I've had was after I complained every 2 weeks that we'd heard nothing and more duplicates were being created. Emails go unanswered. Messages to live chat got the templated 'it's with the development team' answer and I never heard back about billing. We ended up taking the long way and solved it ourselves by deleting every recurring job & setting them all back up. Then rearranged the calendar to fit in the 92 duplicate jobs. PITA

If customer service is important to you, this is probably not the app for you.

Pros

- Integrates with Xero...limited merge fields but enough to make it work
- GPS & time tracking
- Service reminders

Cons

- Zero followup or support when reporting glitches
- Dispatch board gets very buggy and sometimes won't render correctly on desktop
- On the CRM side, you need to memorise where you can edit things without it glitching e.g. you can't change payment terms via editing a client found in global search, updating a client doesn't update the recurring job - you need to also update the template...double handling, if you try to edit/add contacts or change their role from the client page it will fail to pull these into a new job.

Andre M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The Simplicity of ServiceM8

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

As a partner with ServiceM8 we've had exciting times with assisting businesses take advantage of powerful features the application has to offer. From creating forms through to managing staff, assigning jobs and scheduling work.

The company has really gone to a great extend to make the application as user friendly as possible. This enables users to easily understand their new process when we introduce the application in their business.

The cost involved is also of benefit to the Company as it is based on the amount of jobs processed through ServiceM8. Thus if you're going through a quite period the application tailors your subscription cost to the amount of jobs processed. An extremely favorable option amongst Trades industries.

Pros

- Being able to create forms directly from the mobile devices.
- New diagram feature release also available on mobile devices.
- Being able to save communication between customers and tradesman directly on a job.
- Customized document templates.
- Being able to send a quote directly via SMS
- The ability to have all your Parts & Materials and Services available in the system to add onto a job.
- The customized html code which allows Customers to make bookings directly from your website.

Cons

- The application is not available on Android devices. This is often the main decider for Tradies as most often they opt for Android devices since it is more affordable.

Anita L.

• Customer Support Software

Great product, so clever yet so simple

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

I love this product - I tell everyone about it because it transformed my business and allowed it to expand! It is so unassuming that it quietly achieves everything you could possibly want at the fraction of the cost of its competitors ( who quite often only do some of what Sm8 can do) without big noise or complicated programming- just effortless and seamless practicality- as you may be able to tell I am a huge fan - I love a great product and Servicem8 is one of them.

Pros

Best feature is the mobile app - we can run our business from our phone on the road - the app is far better than its competitors and means we only need one device on the road - which is way better for our employees who find it tricky and impractical to juggle a phone and a tablet or laptop

Cons

Hmm..only thing I wish it could do was run projects as well that way it would could do everything in our business - progress claims, variations etc. it can do partial invoicing which we find works a treat as a progress claim but for more complicated project based work it may be too simple - but do the trial so you can find out. As this product is not targeted at project building jobs this is more of a dream request than a ' con'.

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Anita, really happy to hear to that you love ServiceM8.

Project management support isn't on any near horizon but we may improve support for it in the future.

Robert M.

• Customer Support Software

Great software for small trades businesses

Reviewed on 13/06/2016

ServiceM8 has been an integral part of my small electrical business for quite some time now. It is easy to use, requires minimal staff training, and is very flexible when combined with available add-ins such as Forms. I am a sole trader and sm8 has enabled me to reduce my office time from approx 10hrs per week to 2hrs per week. This has been achieved by invoicing clients directly from on site and using the forms add-in to go 100% paperless (except for incoming invoices etc.) I would recommend any business owner who is not using similar software to give it a go and im sure after the setup phase you will be impressed.

Pros

Forms add-on.
Ability to access job history from anywhere anytime.

Cons

Inability to use purchase orders.

Shem M.

• Customer Support Software

Amazing App! A must have for any service delivery business!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

This system entirely runs my business from start to finish and makes life very easy. Amazing app, features and great tech support.

Have recommended it to many and will continue to do so.,.

Pros

Features are best in market - the servicem8 team are flexible with feedback and implementing ideas from users. If ideas get enough votes / popularity then they get attention and often implemented. Creating a fantastic feeling of inclusion in the app and ability to have an affect on the app you use.

Cons

No video support in app and also diagram drawing on iPhone should be available. No support for non iPhone users with android app.

Jade H.
  • Industry: Accounting Software

• Customer Support Software

Free time for serviced based industries

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

After being a ServiceM8 user and loving the efficiencies a plumbing based business gained we became a partner so we could spread the word and help other businesses. There is nothing better than seeing the relief on a business owners face and their demeanor change when they realize they can run a business without having to spend all night doing the invoicing. By streamlining their workflow and enabling them to invoice on the job - as well as collect payment from customers on the spot it reduces a lot of the daily stress of running a small business.

Pros

Ease of use, workflow automation, price, new functionality always being released.

Cons

Reporting is a little light on but improvements are coming soon.

Trinidad G.

Fantastic invoicing software.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

This has helped with my small business looking big and professional organized. Very helpful with recording of pictures, gps navigation, auto times tracking, note recording , check list and many more helpful tips to organize files.

Pros

Cons

Will love to see electronic signature on email response for authorization of work contracted. Also love to see additional authorization signature for unforeseen change orders or additional work authorization.

Gavin G.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

• Customer Support Software

You run a service business and are not using service M8?? Ask yourself why!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I started running my business with spreadsheets that were time consuming slow and easily corrupted. I hunted for an App to work on my iphone and found service M8. I started using it and was immediately impressed. I had previously worked for a large organisation that implemented a so called "larger and better package" that didn't work half as good as service m8.

Pros

ease of use on web page and iOS. quote, convert complete and invoice in the palm of your hand. Reporting details, custom set-up and calander interaction.

Cons

Searching within the app for current jobs. It could be the way I'm using it however when I search id like it to order in level of most recent.

Aaron O.

I'm blown away by how simple Servicem8 makes it to run a small business

Reviewed on 27/02/2017

I've been using Servicem8 for several years now for my small painting company. By far the most beneficial part is using Servicem8 quote templates, by doing so I've reduced quoting times down from 30+ minutes to only 3 or 4. Invoicing times are way down too. The ability to add a "request a quote" link to my Facebook page and website is amazing and simple. I am now starting a referral program and its been bugging me as to how I was going to track where new clients came from, but sure enough Servicem8 have this all covered. None of this would've been possible if it wasn't for the continuos help from the Customer Support team. Now that I'm using Servicm8 for my company I feel the only thing stopping my business from becoming a much bigger business is me.

Stuart C.

• Customer Support Software

Excellent invoicing tool for small business.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

As a new small business starting up, I needed a simple to use, practical invoicing system capable to function for a field service plant mechanic. Searching the web I found Servicem8 & haven't looked back. Not knowing computers in & out, any issues that have presented themselves have quickly & informatively been rectified by the ever helpful support team.

Pros

1.Ease of use while in the field working.
2. Support is excellent.

Cons

Only on my part not being computer efficient enough to use Servicem8 to its full potential.

Ben A.

• Customer Support Software

ServiceM8 - It's just plain GREAT!

Reviewed on 28/03/2017

I've been using ServiceM8 for a couple of years now - gradually introducing features into our business. Everytime we start using a new feature, I find productivity goes up - while time to complete tasks goes down.

The automation and integration of everyday tasks, means I spend less time working, more time with the kids, and overall am less stressed about the day to day operation of the business.

It's cost effective - and considering you really only pay for things as you use them (ie. Bill a client for a job, pay for a job in ServiceM8) - it would have to be the most cashflow efficient tool you could implement.

Customer support is brilliant, and overall I really think that ServiceM8 is GREAT!!!

Pros

Read the review - it speaks for itself!

Cons

No issues at all!

Barry S.

Great Work Flow Managment

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Since migrating from an adapted google calendar to ServiceM8 we have not looked back. We are more efficient and affective. Have saved time and money.

Pros

We like that it is in the cloud so as soon as any notes or changes are made it is available to all the team any where. All our job notes, drawings, photos and quotes are together and current.

Cons

Like all off the shelf products your chances of finding a solution that meets all of your needs are slim. We concentrated on all the features that were useful to us and in subsequent updates from ServiveM8 we have found that we have derived more benifits

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Barry!

Paul R.

• Customer Support Software

Great platform for small business

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I have been using ServiceM8 for over 1 year now and it makes running my business so easy! Scheduling and invoicing right at your fingertips and the ability to go back and look up old jobs on the job site is invaluable. Extras like the form builder are also a great tool to complete onsite documentation rather than doing it back at the office on the computer

Pros

Easy to use, great value

Cons

Would like to be able to select more than 1 job contact within a job or be able to select from the client file which contact i want to use for a job. I do have a work around but this is all I can think of that is negative

Ryan H.

Above all others

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Servicem8 is absolutely the best way to invoice and book in jobs. The features included in this are far superior to any of their competitors. I used to use another system, 2 years ago I switched to ServiceM8 and it has been the best decision for our business. Everything is streamlined and easy to use.

Pros

Intergration with other software/apps,
Email tracking,
User friendly,
Well priced

Cons

Only con is there isn't the capability to allocate leave and days off to staff

Craig C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Affordable, Easy to Use & Full of Features

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

By far ServiceM8 is the most affordable and easy to use job management software around. Set up was easy and support from the online chat team is helpful when you get stuck or the help section has lots and lots of great information and a good place to start to learn about how to use and set up all the great features available.

Pros

We love everything about ServiceM8. It has everything we need to run our business.

Cons

The great thing about ServiceM8 they are always improving things with regular updates. So if there is something it can't do or doesn't do right now you can be sure they are working on it for the future.

Garry N.

Value job management software

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Before using SeviceM8, we had to rely on several different apps in order to manage our business. This always caused confusion and information got lost.
With ServiceM8 we have our job management sorted. Job description, location services, pictures, timesheet, one-way-calendar sync, JSA's, all under one app. Job well done.

Pros

Ease of use. Lots of add-ons, integration into XERO.

Cons

Following items I would love to see in this order
- purchase orders out of job, for field staff as well as office staff
- add pictures from camera
- 2-way sync for calendar
- lodging of holiday requests

Response from ServiceM8

Hi Garry,

Thanks for your review! You can actually add pictures from your camera roll by pressing and holding the 'Photo' job action.

Thanks,

Darren

Franco P.

Great bang for buck

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I've been using servicem8 for about 20bmonths now and still enjoy using it. Easy to understand and follow, and has streamlined the way I conduct my business significantly. One of the best business tools I've used

Pros

Easy to use, easy to keep track of jobs and customers. Fantastic way to keep track of jobs and keep people honest with a record of everything associated with the job in the diary

Cons

Limited CRM ability, would like a little more built into it

Lauren H.
  • Industry: Farming

We would be lost without Service M8... It's our edge over the competition

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

We would be lost without Service M8...
It's our edge over the competition. We would not have that steady, & constantly live, communication flow that we require for our day to day orders.

Pros

How easy it is to use & teach to staff.
How it keeps the information updated in real time

Cons

Only the fact that it hasn't grown large enough to be a complete accounting package, but then again that may take away the simple to use features......

Mark T.

Time saver!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I had tried several different app from the App Store and quite a few of them had bits I liked but none of them ticked all the boxes then I found service m8 and the rest is history.

Pros

It is so easy to use and I have lost count of the hours it has saved me.

Cons

I like it all really but if I had to pick one thing I don't like when it takes a customers email address from an inbox message and uses it as the customer name if it can't recognise it .

Matt C.

Lower Plenty Plumbing Review

Reviewed on 16/08/2016

Started using ServiceM8 about a year ago and has made scheduling and running of jobs much easier to manage and keep track of

Pros

Ease of use, photo function for jobs, ability to make forms on the app to help with jobs

Cons

Seperate area for photos to be accessed more easily. Better features to run larger longer jobs more easily. A section to input plans, not in the diary, for easier access. All workers having to have an iPhone.

Wayne D.

• Customer Support Software

Great software helped us grow our business

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Being service engineers this software has helped us grow and improve efficiency massively great asset to our company

Pros

Ease of use and the job diary and wok sheets

Cons

it would be noce to have some way of allocated parts from a stock site

Phil D.

Great business app

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

I have been using servicem8 for years it increases our business efficiency I have recommended it to other businesses who I work with and the reaction has been positive

Pros

Simple to use

Cons

Doesn't intergrate with my office software

Shaun D.
  • Industry: Automotive

Mobile app is superb but would like more flexibility and job management features.

Reviewed on 18/07/2017

Ease of field service

Pros

The mobile app is great. Love that I can customize things as much as possible. We have had to create workarounds for their limitations.

Cons

Their back end reporting is pretty much terrible. Reports, tracking commissions, tracking jobs after tech work is complete. Only one option for CC payments and that's stripe.

Dean G.

Tree Services

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

I've been using ServiceM8 for the last 2 1/2 years and have completely modeled my business around this

Pros

Easy to use and looks professional to my clients

Cons

Slow to update gps locations